The reports are in for Autumn/Winter 2018 Colors for fashion from New York and London Show. I’m sure I’ve said it before, but it doesn’t matter what you think of them, they are what will be showing up in the months ahead. It is a matter of how the palettes are use that will end up being interesting. I think you will see some similarities to the color palette that was used in Spring 2018. That means that you aren’t being expected to revamp your entire color style, and it certainly makes transitional seasons easier to handle!
My suggestion is always to try one new color. I like to try new accessories if I’m not planning to buy clothes. A fresh belt color or a new colorful pair of shoes can jazz up things from a previous season. Think of ways to reimagine what you wear by mixing things differently—and a new accessory is often just the thing to change our closet outlook.
Autumn/Winter 2018 Colors: Classics
I’m always interested in the intersections between the palettes. The same five classic colors are used for Autumn/Winter 2018 Colors for the NYC and London palettes. This isn’t really surprising when you consider that Pantone® is probably providing color support in both countries. We are open enough to suggestion that when our sources tell us the same thing, similar selections are made. There is one more color than for Spring, which allowed them to bring in Meerkat, a rich burnished brown.
* Sargasso Sea / Pantone 19-4031
* Tofu / Pantone 11-4801
* Almond Buff / Pantone 14-1116
* Quiet Gray / Pantone 14-4107
* Meerkat / Pantone 16-1438
Autumn/Winter 2018 Colors: NYC Fashion
This is quite a palette. The 2018 autumn/winter colors do seem to be an extension of the NYC Spring 2018 palette, but richer. This is what Pantone® says:
Autumnal hues that evoke the feeling of leaves on the forest floor, rich plumage and twilight reveal a modern fall palette of deep and rich tones with outbursts of color surprise.
Pick one or two colors to introduce into your wardrobe to give it a sense of immediacy. Rearrange the colors you see here for 2018 autumn/winter colors to see how they interact. Create separate palettes and see what inspiration you get by grouping them differently. Adding just one new, seasonal color can make a difference, but you can also plan to add throughout the entire 2018 autumn/winter color season to keep an influx of freshness. Accessories are the easiest way to inject color, but if you love a color, embrace it in garments!
You will notice that Black isn’t included in either the 2018 autumn/winter Classics or the Fashion colors; not every color looks seasonal or goes well with black, so if black is a mainstay of your closet, think about how each color will look with it. Focus on what will make your black look new and fresh.
NYC Top 12
1. Red Pear / Pantone 19-1536 [London-1]
2. Valiant Poppy / Pantone 18-1549 [London-2]
3. Nebulas Blue / Pantone 18-4048 [London-3]
4. Ceylon Yellow / 15-0850 [London-4]
5. Martini Olive / Pantone 18-0625 [London-5]
6. Russet Orange / Pantone 16-1255 [London-6]
7. Ultra Violet / Pantone 18-3838 [London-7]
8. Crocus Petal / Pantone 15-3520 [London-8]
9. Limelight / Pantone 12-0740 [London-9]
10. Quetzal Green / Pantone 18-5025 [London-11]
Autumn/Winter 2018 Colors: London Fashion
There is an addition of two colours for the London 2018 autumn/winter colors. At a glance, I am not sure most would notice the palettes are different.
Autumnal hues . . . With the addition of Pink Peacock and Mellow Rose to the London palette, we see an enhanced feeling of playfulness and a color range whose greater variety offers more opportunity for intriguing color combinations.
London Top 12
1. Red Pear / Pantone 19-1536 [NYC-1]
2. Valiant Poppy / Pantone 18-1549 [NYC-2]
3. Nebulas Blue / Pantone 18-4048 [NYC-3]
4. Ceylon Yellow / 15-0850 [NYC-4]
5. Martini Olive / Pantone 18-0625 [NYC-5]
6. Russet Orange / Pantone 16-1255 [NYC-6]
7. Ultra Violet / Pantone 18-383 [NYC-7]
8. Crocus Petal / Pantone 15-3520 [NYC-8]
9. Mellow Rose / Pantone 15-1515
10. Limelight / Pantone 12-0740 [NYC-9]
11. Quetzal Green / Pantone 18-5025 [NYC-10]
12. Pink Peacock / Pantone 18-2045
Color always tells a story. Where no clear narrative is given it may be interesting to see who writes the most compelling tales. Keep your eyes open to see what happens as new things arrive at retail, show up in fashion reporting, and what is used in advertising.
Autumn/Winter 2018 Colors: My Yarn
To make this slightly different, I pulled things from my yarn shelf to show the 2018 autumn/winter colors. I got fairly close with about nine of the colors. I got stuck at the violets. I have a couple yarns that are violet, but they aren’t the correct shades. I had to get creative for my photos! This tells me that these shades haven’t been popular for a while, and may be a good opportunity to add to my own fashion colors. I actually love purples and violets, so it is probably I just haven’t seen much of those shades.