Fitting Every.Body. is my goal, but I really want to do it with as little work on my part as possible! I have so many other things I want to do too, and I am basically running out of time. It is a wonderful goal, fitting Every.Body. but not achievable, and I am tired of doing it piecemeal, design by design, project by project.
Vlog On Sizing Tables
I have made a vlog! Not because it is the new thing to do, but because I could do it in a lot less time than writing what I want to say. Plus I am practicing my editing skills.
A few things.
1. I failed to shut my door so when Mitch started moving around downstairs, you can hear him. Haven’t figured out how to fix that.
2. I cut the video up into pieces, but I didn’t cut anything except the vacuum running (I’m looking at you, Mitch!). Total runtime: 16:00
3. There is a moment, at about 08:55 where I say elastic zipper and I meant to say invisible zipper.
4. You know how my mouth is crooked and unbalanced? Yeah, I hate that. I also wish my teeth were whiter, but I don’t like bleaching very much, and I cannot seem to quit drinking coffee and red wine.
5. If I started sewing when I was 8 years old, it was 59 years ago. I was nearly 9 years old as I am a Libra.
6. I say 50 rows for the body to underarm of my cardigan. I looked it up and it turns out to be 90 rows. That is 15 hours of knitting. I’m at about 25 rows, so I only have 9.75 hours to go! I’m going to do a little waist shaping, which will be a nice change of pace.
Every.Body. Can Join the Discussion
If you are interested in discussing fit and sizing in general, please email me to receive access to the Slack Channel I set up for this purpose. Conversation hasn’t really gotten going yet because everyone is busy right now. I put a comment on a post on FB recently from The New York Times (which is the paper I read every day). It suggested that I could stand to have a lot less opinion from them in favor of more solutions. That is how I feel about fitting Every.Body. Come to the conversation with questions, comments, suggestions, or thoughts that are inclusive, not strictly personal (except that we are all interested in our own bodies), and generally helpful, rather than critical or pointed.
First Ever Vlog on Sizing Tables
Go here to take a short poll on whether or not I should do more of these. Reward for those who answer in full!