Content of Patterns (PDF, 638 KB) will walk you through a Jill Wolcott Knits® pattern so you can see the content of patterns that I believe make my patterns different. Look at the content of patterns for hidden treasures to make your knitting easier.
Content of Patterns
- Detailed Pattern Information on page 2 of downloads (this is the back page of print versions) as well as Detail Photos
- Notes: General Notes on reading Jill Wolcott Knits® patterns on page 2, other specific notes throughout.
- Techniques used in model are specified in the pattern.
- Layout allows knitter to move marker down page as project is worked.
- Stitch patterns given as charts and in written form. Notice how the repeats on the chart match the repeat in the written instructions.
- Each step of the knitting process is spelled out with plenty of white space.
- Right and left shaping instructions.
- Pattern-specific techniques as well as standard abbreviations and techniques listed (and can be searched on this website!)
- Schematics given for each piece AS KNIT.
- Tables used to set out row-by-row or round-by-round instructions for ease of reading instructions while knitting.