This week is ending with a feeling of accomplishment.
1. I am nearly done with the Ashland capelet I want to wear on Saturday. I believe I have about 20 rows left, I need to sew on buttons (3) and work in ends. I am going to haul out my Remarkables and get that finished before May 16. Mitch wants to go to an Art event, so I’ll wear that. I think having a specific goal is good for me. First, I plan to finish my mom’s alpaca scarf on Sunday.
2. I am nearly ready to release my first eBook pattern collection. I am feeling excitement today instead of dread. This is good because dread means I am focusing on all the things I don’t know, instead of what I have done and do know.
3. Phase 1 of our remodeling project, while way past the original deadline, is pretty much done. I am just waiting for them to do the small amount of finish work in the master bathroom and then that phase will move from in progress to punch list. Phase 2 is underway and quite frankly, distracting the tile guy from completing Phase 1.
As the best sign of the approaching end of Phase 1, on Wednesday the floor covering and wall protection on three of our four floors was removed. We can see hardwood floors and as soon as we get the okay, can start hanging artwork again. You have no idea how much your whole outlook depends on a certain level of order and the environment you have created. For us artwork on the walls, expanses of hardwood floors (I don’t have rugs, that’s how much I like expanse of floor), views of the back garden, clean surfaces, all add up to a tranquil living environment. Lacking all of those things for five months is tough.
4. I have lined all my kitchen cabinets (well one hasn’t been, but I’ll get that tomorrow) and begun unpacking all the kitchen stuff. I have figured out how to successfully clean and polish the hardwood floors (which the last two cleaning people seemed unable to do) and I have confidence that Elisma and Michel will be able to do it once I show them.
5. Our project in Seattle has been completed except for the final cleaning. I had little to do with getting it done, but feel great about it anyway!
6. I cleared off my desk, put projects back in their drawers, condensed the stuff I need to go through, and am now able to tackle my projects in an orderly fashion. Nevermind the stuff I never seem to get to. At least it has been sorted.
So a week of accomplishment. Of course there are all the dozens of other things that got checked off or taken care of too. I may reward myself by shifting two storage cabinets to get my household files out of my office! And I think I get bonus points for spontaneously running a cappuccino to my mom on the way to an appointment yesterday, thus saving her from the horrid stuff the Heritage calls coffee.