I was going to put up another shot of this, but realized that there aren’t a lot of action shots of a sleeping baby. But this is a good shot of the blanket, before being cropped for the cover of the pattern.
This blanket may represent the fastest, start to finish, pattern I’ve ever written. I conceived the idea, wrote the pattern, drew the schematic, and lined up the knitter in 3 hours. I hadn’t done a swatch–it was a based on a pattern done in the yarn, but not by me, and when the knitter got the yarn and started to swatch it was clear that the gauge was too tight for a baby blanket. If you know me you may be laughing about now. I don’t generally spend a lot of time around babies but Valerie had some experience so I took her word for it and we changed the gauge to what she thought was suitable. I changed the cast on numbers. Valerie made the blanket pieces and I had to fiddle with the Bind Off instructions a bit, and that was that. Easy!
The blanket was then photographed wrapped around this tiny baby in Buffalo, Wyoming. She was about two months old. That was 13 months ago on Saturday.