All sizes, all body types. I discuss key points that everyone can use.
A System of Grading allows changing gauge in your spread sheets to create project variations.
Feel free to knit during class!
I do my live classes using GoToMeeting. Prior to any live session, and for watching videos I recommend downloading and having all the supporting documents available. It can be hard to see the screen clearly on smaller devices.
You will get log-in information. I prefer that I be the only one using video to accommodate varying internet speeds. You can log in from a computer, tablet, or phone. No need to call, just log in.
THIS INCLUDES A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION.
The Shawlette I’m wearing is called Ashland. This is what my studio kind of always looks like. This was my hair back in March. I grew 2.25″ during the closure of hair salons; I hate my hair long. I wear one of my knits almost daily during cold weather, but can’t always do it when it is warmer.
That’s me. Jill Wolcott of Jill Wolcott Knits. I cannot read without glasses, so I always have reading glasses on. I currently have 5 pairs in active rotation, plus the ones in my office, the kitchen, and in my handbag. I have always looked over the top of my glasses, even when I wore regular glasses. This is how I spend most of my days–staring at a computer.
A System of Grading 2020 All-In SUMMER SESSION
A System of Grading 2020 All-In Summer Session is a 14-Session course that takes you from theory to real-life application in homework and projects. This course is suited to designers, pattern writers, and technical editors.
14-Session ASOG course begins 8/18/2020 !
A System of Grading – ASOG Summer Webinar is a free introduction to the 14-Session A System of Grading course for grading knitwear. Although I specifically speak to knitting, it is appropriate to crochet as well. Come to the ASOG Summer Webinar on 8/14/2020 at 10 am PST (use this to figure out your time) and see if my teaching style will work for you. The ASOG Summer Webinar is to help you decide whether the 14-session A System of Grading Course will meet your needs.
A System of Grading 2020
Inclusivity is the goal in sizing (and other things). Find out how to make the right decisions so that your work represents the sizes presented in their best possible light. A good fit is essential for true inclusivity!
In teaching I typically use examples from missy sizing, but the concepts are applicable to children, men’s, and plus- or other-sizes. I have taught a plus-size specific grading course. The sizing origin numbers are different, and the specifics may vary, but the application is the same.
I use GoToMeeting. I recommend trying it before the start. Information provided upon signing up.
Email me with questions!
14-Session A System of Grading
14-Session ASOG course begins 8/18/2020 !
Download this for the ASOG Syllabus 14 Sessions.
I teach the course as if it were a college course, and homework is assigned, and should be completed to stay on track. There is an opportunity to submit all homework at the end of the course for review and issuance of a Certificate of Completion.
What to Expect
- To make this work in a shortened time period, only the initial two classes will be live. All classes will be recorded and the recordings made available to you on Mondays and Wednesdays. Recordings are private and you must have the link to access them.
- Every Friday at 10 am PST (or other time as negotiated), I will hold a live lab session. You can ask questions, have me redo things, and clarify.
- I will have a Slack channel where you can ask me questions, and which I monitor between 9:30 am and 6:30 pm Monday through Friday (sporadically on weekends).
- Each class runs for an hour. I do talk a lot, so if it needs to go longer, I will break it into a second recording..
- Everything I am saying is familiar and understandable to me. I am happy to go back over things in the lab, and even do a second recording if I get questions.
- In live sessions you will see my computer screen, and my face. In recordings, you will see my face inset on the screen. Pre-recorded classes are done on another platform so look slightly different than live classes.
- I recommend writing down your questions and giving them to me in Slack prior to the Labs. That will keep things efficient! I will fill the time, but you can get specific help as needed.
- All live sessions are recorded and they are available later in the day to participants only.
- An outline for each session will be available for download when the recording becomes available, likely via Slack.
- Documents needed for the recordings are made available in Dropbox. You have access to them throughout the course.
- I will have a Slack Channel available for ongoing help and conversation.
This is where to purchase the 14-Session A System of Grading All In course.
Cost is $800 for the All In and includes Certification (value $100).
If you prefer the pay-as-you-go Subscription. $800 payable in $100 installments, and includes certification.