All sizes, all body types. I discuss key points that everyone can use.
A System of Grading allows changing gauge in your spread sheets to create project variations. My goal is to make my work reusable, reproducible, and most importantly to have a way to review and check my work.
Feel free to knit during class!
I do my live classes using GoToMeeting. Prior to any live session, and for watching videos I recommend downloading and having all the supporting documents available. It can be hard to see the screen clearly on smaller devices.
You will get log-in information. I prefer that I be the only one using video to accommodate varying internet speeds. You can log in from a computer, tablet, or phone. No need to call, just log in.
THIS INCLUDES A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION.
The Shawlette I’m wearing is called Taos, done in It Could Be Worsted from Anzula. I am in a public space near the Cleveland Convention Center in 2018. I couldn’t find a model, so I did it. It was about 80 degrees, and we shot about 25 pieces (I think I had 4 or 5 outfit changes). This is so me! My ever-present reading glasses are missing though.
That’s me. Jill Wolcott of Jill Wolcott Knits. I do everything, even model! I’m better at some of the things I do than others. I taught college fashion/product development classes for over 15 years, and I think this is kind of what I look like as a teacher.
A System of Grading 2020: ASOG FALL Subscription
$840.00 / 7 days
14-Session ASOG Fall Subscription*
Get in on the last 2020 A System of Grading
*pay in 8 installments
A System of Grading – begins with a free ASOG Fall Webinar as an official introduction to the 14-Session A System of Grading course for grading knitwear. Although I specifically speak to knitting, it is appropriate to crochet as well. The ASOG Fall Subscription allows you to pay as-you-go.
Come to the ASOG Fall Webinar on 10/23/2020 at 10 am PST (use this to figure out your time) and see if my teaching style will work for you. The ASOG Fall Webinar is to help you decide whether the 14-session A System of Grading Course will meet your needs.
A System of Grading 2020
I learned grading in 1983 and have been honing my craft ever since. Since learning to use a spread sheet I have discovered so many cool things. Your opportunity to learn is my opportunity to teach a subject I love. Sign up for the ASOG Fall Subscription to pay as-you-learn!
Inclusivity is the goal in sizing (and other things). Find out how to make the right decisions so that your work represents the sizes presented in their best possible light. A good fit is essential for true inclusivity!
In teaching I typically use examples from missy sizing, but the concepts are applicable to children, men’s, and plus- or other-sizes. I have taught a plus-size specific grading course. The sizing origin numbers are different, and the specifics may vary, but the application is the same. Each discussion shares thoughts on different body types and sizing frameworks.
There will be a plus/other size option for all projects.
I use GoToMeeting. I recommend trying it before the start. Information on logging in provided upon registration. Non-live Sessions (11 of 14) are done using eCamm. Weekly labs are held on GoToMeeting and are recorded for reference.
Email me with questions!
14-Session ASOG Fall Subscription*
14-Session ASOG course begins with free Webinar on 10/23/2020 !
Download this for the ASOG Syllabus 14 Sessions.
I teach the course as if it were a college course, and homework is assigned, and should be completed to stay on track. There is an opportunity to submit all homework at the end of the course for review and issuance of a Certificate and Badge of Completion. You may audit future versions of ASOG as needed. Additional ASOG Modules coming in 2021 are not included in the audit opportunity until you pay for the specific AOG Module.
Scroll down on this Tab for a table of payments if you select the Subscription.
What to Expect
Classes & Labs
- To make this work in a shortened time period, only the initial three classes will be live. All other classes are recorded and the recordings made available to you on Mondays and Wednesdays. Recordings are private and you must have the link to access them.
- Every Friday at 10 am PST (or other time as negotiated), I will hold a live lab session. You can ask questions, have me redo things, and clarify.
- Each class runs for an hour. I do talk a lot, so if it needs to go longer, I will break it into a second recording.
- In live sessions you will see my computer screen, and my face. In recordings, you will see my face inset on the screen. I create pre-recorded classes on another platform so look slightly different than live classes. Labs meet on GoToMeeting and are all recorded; only my screen is visible in the recordings
- On registration you will be invited to a Slack channel where you can ask me questions, and which I monitor between 9:30 am and 6:30 pm Monday through Friday (sporadically on weekends).
- Everything I am saying is familiar and understandable to me. I am happy to go back over things in the lab, and even do a second recording if I get questions.
- I recommend writing down your questions and giving them to me in Slack prior to the Labs. That will keep things efficient! I will fill the time, but you can get specific help as needed.
- All live sessions are recorded and they are available later in the day to participants only.
- An outline for each session will be available for download when the recording becomes available via Slack.
- Documents needed for the recordings are made available in Dropbox. You have access to the documents and recordings throughout the course.
Buy Now – Fall Session Subscription!
This is where to purchase the ASOG Fall Subscription.
* Cost is $840 for the ASOG Fall Subscription and includes Certification & Badge (value $100). $840 payable in $105 installments, and includes certification.
Prefer to pay all at once? A System of Grading 2020 FALL SESSION ALL IN!