All sizes, all body types. I discuss key points that everyone can use.
A System of Grading allows changing gauge in your spread sheets to create project variations.
Feel free to knit during class!
I do my live classes using GoToMeeting. Prior to any live session, and for watching videos I recommend downloading and having all the supporting documents available. It can be hard to see the screen clearly on smaller devices.
You will get log-in information. I prefer that I be the only one using video to accommodate varying internet speeds. You can log in from a computer, tablet, or phone. No need to call, just log in.
THIS INCLUDES A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION.
The Shawlette I’m wearing is called Taos, done in It Could Be Worsted from Anzula. I am in a public space near the Cleveland Convention Center in 2018. I couldn’t find a model, so I did it. It was about 80 degrees, and we shot about 25 pieces (I think I had 4 or 5 outfit changes). This is so me! My ever-present reading glasses are missing though.
That’s me. Jill Wolcott of Jill Wolcott Knits. I do everything, even model! I’m better at some of the things I do than others. I taught college fashion/product development classes for over 15 years, and I think this is kind of what I look like as a teacher.
A System of Grading 2020 SUMMER SESSION Subscription
$840.00 / 7 days
14-Session ASOG course begins 8/18/2020 !
Get this Summer Session Subscription
A System of Grading – ASOG Summer Webinar is a free introduction to the 14-Session A System of Grading course for grading knitwear. Although I specifically speak to knitting, it is appropriate to crochet as well. Come to the ASOG Summer Webinar on 8/14/2020 at 10 am PST (use this to figure out your time) and see if my teaching style will work for you. The ASOG Summer Webinar is to help you decide whether the 14-session A System of Grading Course will meet your needs.
A System of Grading 2020
Inclusivity is the goal in sizing (and other things). Find out how to make the right decisions so that your work represents the sizes presented in their best possible light. A good fit is essential for true inclusivity!
In teaching I typically use examples from missy sizing, but the concepts are applicable to children, men’s, and plus- or other-sizes. I have taught a plus-size specific grading course. The sizing origin numbers are different, and the specifics may vary, but the application is the same.
I use GoToMeeting. I recommend trying it before the start. Information provided upon purchase.
Email me with questions!
14-Session A System of Grading
14-Session ASOG course begins 8/18/2020 !
Download this for the ASOG Syllabus 14 Sessions.
I teach the course as if it were a college course, and homework is assigned, and should be completed to stay on track. There is an opportunity to submit all homework at the end of the course for review and issuance of a Certificate of Completion.
Scroll down on this Tab for a table of payments if you select the Subscription.
What to Expect
- To make this work in a shortened time period, only the initial two classes will be live. All classes will be recorded and the recordings made available to you on Mondays and Wednesdays. Recordings are private and you must have the link to access them.
- Every Friday at 10 am PST (or other time as negotiated), I will hold a live lab session. You can ask questions, have me redo things, and clarify.
- I will have a Slack channel where you can ask me questions, and which I monitor between 9:30 am and 6:30 pm Monday through Friday (sporadically on weekends).
- Each class runs for an hour. I do talk a lot, so if it needs to go longer, I will break it into a second recording..
- Everything I am saying is familiar and understandable to me. I am happy to go back over things in the lab, and even do a second recording if I get questions.
- In live sessions you will see my computer screen, and my face. In recordings, you will see my face inset on the screen. Pre-recorded classes are done on another platform so look slightly different than live classes.
- I recommend writing down your questions and giving them to me in Slack prior to the Labs. That will keep things efficient! I will fill the time, but you can get specific help as needed.
- All live sessions are recorded and they are available later in the day to participants only.
- An outline for each session will be available for download when the recording becomes available, likely via Slack.
- Documents needed for the recordings are made available in Dropbox. You have access to them throughout the course.
- I will have a Slack Channel available for ongoing help and conversation.
Buy Now – Summer Session Subscription!
This is where to purchase the A System of Grading 2020 SUMMER SESSION Subscription.
Cost is $800 for the Subscription and includes Certification (value $100). $840 payable in $105 installments, and includes certification.
Prefer to pay all at once? A System of Grading 2020 SUMMER SESSION Subscription