Any size! We’ll look at standard sizing, and help you create the perfect fit, or if you just want to make subtle tweaks, that is okay too!
Look under Description tab for more explanation of Adapt a Drop Shoulder Pullover
Nothing heavier than worsted yarn, so 4.5 stitches/inch max. We need to be able to fine-tune!
Size to work with your yarn. I’ll give guidance.
Usual knitting stuff. Also tape measure, pencil, and a spread sheet app.
Anything worsted to fingering. Just remember that the finer the yarn, the more knitting, but the better for fine-tuning. DK or sport is probably my recommendation. You may need some assistance on some of the measurement taking, but I often measure myself.
See the sketches under Description. You will get larger versions!
Adapt A Drop Shoulder Pullover (pattern and virtual workshops) Registration Only!
The first “Let’s Make Nice Things” knit-along with Adapt a Drop Shoulder Pullover for Any Body! This will be a workshop that is all virtual and downloadable through Teachable.
Done correctly a drop shoulder pullover can be a nice thing. Whether you are a knitter or a designer, join me to learn all that you need to know to Adapt a Drop Shoulder Pullover. I think we all want to make nice things!
Let’s Make Nice Things” Knit-Along with Adapt a Drop Shoulder Pullover for Any Body!
I want to start with a drop shoulder pullover to take advantage of the simple shape. After [Adapting A Drop Shoulder Pullover – to Let’s Make Nice Things blog] we can move to garments with much stickier fit issues. This will be an 18-week knit-a-long with specific objectives:
- Adapt a Drop Shoulder Pullover to fit you.
- Introduce you to the Jill Wolcott Knits pattern format that guides you step-by-step.
- Find out how Jill Wolcott Knits pattern calculators can help you find proper fit.
- Teach measuring and demystify fit.
- Have fun!
- Get some hand-holding from me while gaining skills.
- Make a Drop Shoulder Pullover to fit.
How Will The Knit-Along Work?
Once your Registration Fee is paid, you will get access to any and all pre-April 1 downloads.
- Begins (virtually) on April 1 at 9 am Pacific Time (downloads and videos release). Download the Course Outline. You will pay a $5 (non-refundable) fee to reserve your spot. Your Registration Fee will be credited toward your workshop fees.
- The Drop Shoulder Pattern will release on April 15 at 9 am Pacific Time, after you have made a swatch, taken measurements, and made other decisions about your Drop Shoulder Pullover. You must purchase the Drop Shoulder Pattern for $25 to participate in the Knit-Along.
- Bring a friend and you can split the cost of the workshops ($80). Each of you must pay the $5 registration fee and buy your own pattern. The pattern is a written pattern in Missy and Lavish sizes, with a calculator to allow you to customize to your measurements.
- Course materials and videos are included in the $80 workshop fees.
Everything will be done via video, downloads, and Slack (plus in-person sessions set out below). There will be weekly downloads and access to videos via Teachable (you will receive a course link).
You may get individual help by signing up on Teachable for a group session (schedule to come) or in an individual session. There is an additional fee of $5 per group session or you can join them all for $15. An individual session is $15 and you can sign up through Teachable at a time that works with our schedules. I will answer anything you want to ask me!
Outside North America?
I am using PayHip because they take care of VAT! You can purchase the pattern there and get exactly what I have here in terms of downloads and information. Click here to buy Adapt A Drop Shoulder Pullover (pattern and virtual workshops) Registration on PayHip.