All sizes, all body types. I discuss key points that everyone can use.
A System of Grading allows changing gauge in your spread sheets to create project variations.
Feel free to knit during class!
I do my live classes using GoToMeeting. Prior to any live session, and for watching videos I recommend downloading and having all the supporting documents available. It can be hard to see the screen clearly on smaller devices.
You will get log-in information. I prefer that I be the only one using video to accommodate varying internet speeds. You can log in from a computer, tablet, or phone. No need to call, just log in.
THIS INCLUDES A CERTIFICATE & BADGE OF COMPLETION.
The Shawlette I’m wearing is called Ashland. This is what my studio kind of always looks like. This was my hair back in March. I grew 2.25″ during the closure of hair salons; I hate my hair long. I wear one of my knits almost daily during cold weather, but can’t always do it when it is warmer.
That’s me. Jill Wolcott of Jill Wolcott Knits. I cannot read without glasses, so I always have reading glasses on. I currently have 5 pairs in active rotation, plus the ones in my office, the kitchen, and in my handbag. I have always looked over the top of my glasses, even when I wore regular glasses. This is how I spend most of my days–staring at a computer.
ASOG FALL 2020 SESSION All In
14-Session ASOG FALL begins 10/23/2020
This is the last 2020 A System of Grading!
A System of Grading – begins with a free ASOG Fall Webinar as an official introduction to the 14-Session ASOG Fall course for grading knitwear. Although I specifically speak to knitting, it is appropriate to crochet as well. Come to the ASOG Fall Webinar on 10/23/2020 at 10 am PST (use this to figure out your time) and see if my teaching style will work for you. The ASOG Fall Webinar is to help you decide whether the 14-session A System of Grading Course will meet your needs. It unofficially kicks off the 14-session ASOG Fall course.
A System of Grading 2020
ASOG Fall 2020 is a 14-Session course that takes you from theory to real-life application in homework and projects. This course is suited to designers, pattern writers, and technical editors.
I learned grading in 1983 and have been honing my craft ever since. Since learning to use a spread sheet I have discovered so many cool things. Your opportunity to learn is my opportunity to teach a subject I love.
Inclusivity is the goal in sizing (and other things). Find out how to make the right decisions so that your work represents the sizes presented in their best possible light. A good fit is essential for true inclusivity!
In teaching I typically use examples from missy sizing, but the concepts are applicable to children, men’s, and plus- or other-sizes. I have taught a plus-size specific grading course. The sizing origin numbers are different, and the specifics may vary, but the application is the same. Each discussion shares thoughts on different body types and sizing frameworks.
There will be a plus/other size option for all projects.
I use GoToMeeting. I recommend trying it before the start. Information on logging in provided upon registration. Non-live Sessions (11 of 14) are done using eCamm. Weekly labs are held on GoToMeeting and are recorded for reference.
Email me with questions!
14-Session ASOG Fall All-In
14-Session ASOG course begins with free Webinar on 10/23/2020 !
Download this for the ASOG Fall Syllabus 14 Session Calendar.
I teach the course as if it were a college course, and homework is assigned, and should be completed to stay on track. There is an opportunity to submit all homework at the end of the course for review and issuance of a Certificate and Badge of Completion. You may audit future versions of ASOG as needed. Additional ASOG Modules coming in 2021 are not included in the audit opportunity unless you pay for the specific Module.
Want to pay in installments? Go here.
What to Expect
Classes & Labs
- To make this work in a shortened time period, only the initial three classes will be live. All other classes are recorded and the recordings made available to you on Mondays and Wednesdays. Recordings are private and you must have the link to access them.
- Every Friday at 10 am PST (or other time as negotiated), I will hold a live lab session. You can ask questions, have me redo things, and clarify.
- Each class runs for an hour. I do talk a lot, so if it needs to go longer, I will break it into a second recording.
- In live sessions you will see my computer screen, and my face. In recordings, you will see my face inset on the screen. I create pre-recorded classes on another platform so look slightly different than live classes. Labs meet on GoToMeeting and are all recorded; only my screen is visible in the recordings
- On registration you will be invited to a Slack channel where you can ask me questions, and which I monitor between 9:30 am and 6:30 pm Monday through Friday (sporadically on weekends).
- Everything I am saying is familiar and understandable to me. I am happy to go back over things in the lab, and even do a second recording if I get questions.
- I recommend writing down your questions and giving them to me in Slack prior to the Labs. That will keep things efficient! I will fill the time, but you can get specific help as needed.
- All live sessions are recorded and they are available later in the day to participants only.
- An outline for each session will be available for download when the recording becomes available via Slack.
- Documents needed for the recordings are made available in Dropbox. You have access to the documents and recordings throughout the course.
This is where to purchase the 14-Session ASOG Fall Course All In course.
Cost is $800 for the All In and includes Certification & Badge (value $100).
If you prefer, there is a pay-as-you-go ASOG Fall Session Subscription. $840 payable in eight $105 installments, and includes Certification & Badge.
Outside of North America? Use PayHip so I don’t have to deal with VAT!