A System of Grading Certification cannot be purchased separately. It is bundled into Segment II.
A System of Grading Certification Description
A System of Grading Certification is a process to receive a Certificate of Completion of A System of Grading. If you put in the work it is something you want to be able to show to others. This will give you a document showing you have completed the course work and put together a presentation showing your proficiency.
Your homework will be the foundation on which you will present your work in a way to showcase your skills as a pattern-writing designer, tech editor, or however you wish to professionally present yourself. I will work with you to create an effective presentation of the skills acquired by taking A System of Grading. In Certification I will work with each registrant to guide them through creating a presentation of their skills.
Goals for A System of Grading Segment III Certification
- Accumulation of homework as supporting foundation.
- Creation of branded documents based on A System of Grading processes.
- Additions to resumé or CV showing completion of A System of Grading.
- Evaluation of documentation against rubric.
- Certificate of Completion.
Structure of A System of Grading Certification
Session 17 (2 hours)
- I will go through the rubric and my expectations of what should be included in individual presentations/submissions for Certification in addition to the completed homework.
- Build a documentation plan.
- Discussion of how to present your skills.
Session 18 (1 hour)
- One-on-one meetings to discuss individual presentations/submissions to make showcase skills
- Discuss goals and outcomes from the presentation/submission for Certification.
Certification Presentation Review (due no later than December 15)
- Submission to me by December 15.
- Review of all materials against the rubrics distributed in Session 17.
- Issue Certificate of Completion (or ask for additional materials) within 30 days of receipt.