My strategy intentions are a continuation of the post that appeared on Friday, June 9. I need to get this out of my system and into the records! It would appear that I have been setting strategy intentions while also reviewing, so let’s look at going forward, or strategy intentions.
Big Strategy Intentions
- More fully link my marketing plan and my social media strategy.
- Expand the range of classes and workshops I can offer online, including some things taught by others. I have six to eight courses in mind, as well as other ideas.
- Publish the patterns that I am currently reworking.
- Update my website and execute on making the content relevant.
Reframed Strategy Intentions
I need to reframe some of the strategy intentions to make this useful. I want to do some consolidation and upgrading of my list so it remains helpful. By reframing I believe I can reduce the list from about 14 items to six or seven.
I have been trying to focus on projects that I’m jazzed about. I like feeling some excitement, even if the day-to-day can be a bit of a slog. I set some big goals which I try to stay focused on; each month I then try to set goals on those projects that can be realistically accomplished. The individual goal can be a stretch, but still must be realistic. I’ve been doing this for six months and am jazzed by the results.
Working Toward My Big Goals
- Online education and content.
- Re-releasing existing patterns in new yarns in new workshop format.
- Rewrite website content for new Strategy.
- Stay focused and make plans.
- Enjoy my life.
I’ve figured out that there is a big difference between wanting something to happen and making it a reality. It is a lot of work and I need to stay focused on what I can do and not drift too far into what I want to do. I have sought out implementation tools to monitor this.
- Planning hour
- Power hour (with Sage Think)
- get a task completed
- planning hour: schedule a second one just for this!
- Do it now
- put stuff away
- say no when it doesn’t work for me
- eliminate the unnecessary, unused, or unsuitable
- say yes to new, socializing, time shifting
- check the calendar
- hold myself a little more strictly to the calendar
New Strategy Intentions
So here’s the Strategy Intentions list. It is big, but there is a lot of overlap as you can see from the numbers I’ve put in. I won’t feel badly if I don’t make as much progress as I hope on every item. The purpose of having it on the list is to keep it at the top of mind as something that matters to me.
A. Link Social Media to Marketing (1-4)
B. Create New Curriculum (1, 4)
C. Publish Reformatted Patterns & Redo Pattern Photography (2, 3, 4)
D. Overhaul Website Content (3, 4)
E. Focus on Key Goals and Document Plans in a Meaningful Way (1-4)
F. Do Drawing/Art Within Above (1-5)
G. Declutter & Settle Jane’s Estate (4, 5)
I’m not going to set out the details for my strategy intentions here. I have made copious lists and I am ready to get to work. I will check back with details in early January as I plan 2018.
Settling an estate is something I wouldn’t have chosen, but there it is! I will be working on this heavily in the next couple of months (initial and ongoing accounting), then again in early 2018 (taxes, then final settlement). In the words of Lisa Ragan, “It is always something.” In my case, there are always things that I’m doing that don’t get on the master list that trip me up. So now even that side-project is on the list.
Oh, and I do always enjoy my life–except when I let myself get overwhelmed by too many things!