Yarn discoveries are the best! Each of these yarns has a bit of a story that I want to share. I love the stories that go with patterns and yarn, which go together!
I want to talk about these yarns. Here is a list with links to everything I purchased.
- Oink Pigments, Roca Your Socks Off. One skein of Guild (DK) and one skein of Coven (light fingering). Done in the colors of Almond Roca(tm), made in Tacoma, WA.
- Double Helix from Quantum Entanglements, located in Moses Lake. Color is King of the Jungle. I’m not sure what I’ll do with this one, but I feel something percolating. A perfect yarn discovery! Their yarn shop in Moses Lake is called Ties that Bind.
- Bead Biz. Contrary to what I say on the video, their website would indicate they are familiar with beading and yarn!
- R4. No social media presence yet!
- Happy Hounds Alpaca. Lots to buy and they ship!
Yarn Discoveries: What I found, in video
Very excited about this yarn. I need more!
I love beads in knitting and am willing to put them into my knitting even though it is a PITA*. Tuscany Capelet has beads, as does Umbria. Haven’t done a significant project with beads since I finished my version of Tuscany (in like 2010) which has something like 3000 beads in it.
Intriguing yarn that I don’t have a clear vision on yet. It will come!
I am anxious to get going with this yarn.
This video is about the Beehive hat I plan to make from the Alpaca/bamboo.
This tells me that it is good that I don’t go out shopping very often! Definitely dangerous when I see anything I like.